The Etafeni Day Care Centre Trust, found in the heart of Nyanga, a poverty node 30 minutes outside Cape Town, is a Community Based Organisation providing health, education, pathways-to-employment support and skills servicesto vulnerable benefi ciaries in Nyanga. Etafeni seek to employ the following full-time position:
CORPORATE SALES FUNDRAISER
To assist the Business Development Manager raising funds for the organisation, thought developing relationships with corporations who can offer income and other support through sales, donations (in-kind and cash), work placement opportunities and corporate volunteer opportunities.
- Research of new local and international corporate funding and partnership opportunities for all Etafeni projects/programmes
- Liaise with Programme Managers and collate all relevant information, especially Income Generation (sales and marketing) and Fit for Life/work (work placements)
- Regularly attend meetings with businesses to promote Etafeni
- Complete application forms with relevant supporting documents
- Identify needs of programmes and gaps / opportunities in organisational budgets and work plans
- Keep record of all research, contact person and copies of submission
- Network with potential partners and develop portfolio of products / opportunities / wishlist for support
- Keep a funder report schedule and submit reports as per funder criteria
- Regularly update donor / partner database and supply reports to manager
- Attend relevant workshops in line with fundraising needs of Etafeni
- Represent Etafeni on relevant forums when needed
- Assist in social media and events when and where required
- The right attitude (willingness and comradeship) in regard to being part of a large organisation.
- Supportive in achieving the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Work with all staff and identify opportunities for development at Etafeni
- Well written and timeous reports
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain relationships with businesses
- Good research skills to identify new prospective funders
- Success in acquiring funds / sales / support for programmes.
- Can manage interpersonal relationships effectively
TERTIARY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three years fundraising / sales / marketing experience, ideally in the NGO sector
- Proven experience in developing fundraising strategies and bids
- Proven skills in meeting annual sales or fundraising targets
- Firm grasp of SA development sector issues
- Ability to work independently, often remotely and in a diverse group and changing environment
- Financial skills
- Relevant degree is advantageous
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of international development/global health issues
- Must have a valid SA driver’s license
- Communications skills in at least 2 SA languages i.e isiXhosa and English
1st September 2017
- We offer a market related salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Starting Date : Preferable – 1 SEPTEMBER 2017.
Only experienced people with the appropriate skills level should apply.
Send your CV and at least 3 contactable references to:
or firstname.lastname@example.org or
By no later than 31 July 2017
Only successful candidates will be contacted.