The organisation based in Nyanga, has developed a replicable model of holistic sustainable community-based care for Aids-affected, infected and vulnerable children and their caregivers.
Etafeni seek to employ the following full-time position:
ECD PRINCIPAL AND GR R TEACHER
To teach the grade R class and maintain a well-managed EDU CARE programme ensuring a healthy environment for the children to be in.
- To teach the preschool children according to a set curriculum.
- To take care of the children in every manner of their lives: hygiene, health, and well-being.
- To ensure that the children receive the necessary play, sharing, intellectual and emotional support they require
- Ensure the smooth running of all administration as per programme requirements
- Manage staff daily activities as well as disciplinary and grievance processes when needed with assistance from the Human Resource Manager
- Motivate staff and Implement a staff performance management system with assistance from HR Manager
- Organise regular staff meetings
- Comply with the financial management policy
- Manage the fee policy and all other relevant policies.
- Research and keep curriculum up-to-date with educational developments
- Oversee planning and implementation of curriculum by teachers
- Set daily schedule for classes and ensure that they are enforced
- Manage learner’s reports
- Manage food menu – ensuring it is nutritional and affordable
- Ensure staff, parents and board of trustees are well informed about all school activities
- Maintain an open-door communication policy with parents and staff
- Research and submit options for: Concerts, Sports days, Fun days, Fundraisers to Director or Fundraiser.
- Research and submit ideas for: outings, puppet shows, educational talks to Director or Fundraiser.
- Lead the programme to deliver high quality, safe and effective Edu-care services and achieve all relevant targets.
- Ensure a close interface between the Department of Health, Department of Education and the Department of Social Development and facilitate the development of the Preschool programme.
- Do regular reports for the funders and Director as requested.
- Attend and report on activities at monthly managements meetings.
- Ensure a smooth running of the programme’s administration.
- B.Ed (Foundation Phase)/ Three (3) year pre-primary Diploma
- A member of the South African Council of Educators (SACE)
- Certified training in CAPS
- A police clearance as per Children Protection Act
- A minimum of five (5) years continuous ECD teaching experience
- Management, leadership and supervision skills
- Conflict resolution and problems solving skills
- Time keeping and Ethical work practices
- Ability to manage unit/programme budgets
- Good reporting skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email)
- Ability to communicate and transfer skills to the community
- Communications skills in at least 2 SA languages i.e isiXhosa and English
- A valid South African driver’s licence.
- We offer a market related salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Starting Date : Preferable – 1 APRIL 2017.
Only experienced people with the appropriate skills level should apply.
Send your CV and at least 3 contactable references to:
The HR Manager:
Etafeni Day Care Centre : Sihume Road, Nyanga.
or firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 021 386 2560
By no later than 30 March 2017
Only successful candidates will be contacted.